The Witching Hour
Fear | Mortality | Overuse Of Magic | Self-Doubt
Witches & WarlocksEdit
- Witches or Warlocks are supernatural beings that possess magical powers. By connecting themselves with the elements and forces of nature, witches uphold their sacred duty as the Servants of Nature to maintain balance within the world and combat the forces that disrupt the balance. While the origins of witchcraft remains a mystery, witches have existed for many centuries, passing down their knowledge and skills through generations in family lines. Magic, or witchcraft, is the power to effect change by magical means. Magic can often be split into dark and light, though depending on the situation can also be neutral. Magic is a genetic heredity that connects a witch to the elements and forces of nature in order to practice sorcery.
- Covens allow witches to share knowledge and combine forces to enhance their magical strength. A complete coven consists of at least twelve members. There can be more than one coven.
Types of MagicEdit
- This is the Style or School of Magic your powers stem from'.
- Traditional Magic: A form of magic that invokes the powers of Nature. Purest of magic.
- Spirit Magic: A form of magic that calls upon the aid of spirits. It is commonly used amongst the witches as it is considered a major source for power.
- Ancestral Magic: A form of Witchcraft that is commonly used amongst the witches of old power. Witches who use this magic can only use it by drawing on the power of a certain location. If they were to be outside of that location they would be rendered powerless.
- Dark Magic: A form of magic that draws upon malevolent powers and is fueled by the darkest aspects of witches themselves such as negative emotions and temptation. This magic is extremely powerful, seductive, and addictive as it has no boundaries. Despite it's use, it defies the authority of the Spirits of Nature and though the spirits themselves cannot stop use, witches can be severely punished.
- Expression: An unnatural form of magic that involves channeling the energy accessed through human sacrifice and releases darkness that cannot exist on Earth without corrupting and destroying it. Expression is considered extremely dark, perhaps more so than dark magic. Because of its horrible nature, many witches do not even consider it to be magic.
Powers to Choose FromEdit
- Spell Casting
The act of changing and controlling events by magical influence.
The act of channeling or drawing other forms of energy and power.
The act of calling, commanding, or summoning an element, object, person, or spirit already in existence.
- Elemental Control
The act of controlling and manipulating the natural elements.
- Mind Control
The act of controlling and manipulating the minds of humans.
- Mind Stunning
The act of bemusing and rendering someone unconscious.
- Pain Infliction
The act of creating and inflicting excruciating pain upon another person,especially werewolves, however we have seen some older werewolvesthat can resist it.
The act of foreseeing future events and happenings.
The act of controlling and manipulating the movements of objects and persons.
The act of communicating from one mind to another. Some telepaths can also‘listen’ to the thoughts of others.
The act of brewing and concocting supernatural elixirs and potions that containmystical properties.
- Manipulation Immunity
The act of resisting forms of supernatural manipulation.
The act of temporarily extending one's lifespan.
- • Overuse of Magic.
- • Self Doubt.
- • Fear.
- • Mortality.
Things to KnowEdit
- - Witches will not know other witches unless told; or a special talent exists.
- - Humans do not know about witches unless told or have had experience in the past.
- - Knowledge of covens are not spoken about unless your character was deliberately told.
- - Please inquire with the coven leader or another witch to gain information or set up a story arch.